Auburn's Natural Escape
Choctafaula’s main attraction is a guided wagon ride through our 300 acre farm. With over 300 different animals on display, there’s plenty of animals to see and feed!
From September 29th- October 29th, the safari wagon ride is included in your Pumpkin Patch admission of $12/person.
Tours and Times
Safari and Petting Zoo September 29th-October 29th
Fridays 11-5pm Saturdays/Sundays 9-5pm
Price Per Person $12
Infants age 1 and under FREE
Souvenir Feed Cup $5
Fun for the Whole Family
Have a hands-on animal encounter with Camels, Zebras, Ostriches, Wildebeest, Tortoises, and an African crested porcupine!
Our petting zoos are perfect for the young and the young at heart alike.
Amenities + Activities
Gourmet cafe, adult refreshments, children’s playground area, family games and activities, face painting, cornhole, and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Tickets are $12/person. Beginning September 29th, we are open Fridays 11am-5pm and Saturday-Sunday 9am-5pm CST.
You do not need to purchase tickets ahead of time. Tickets may be purchased
the day of.
For the month of October, your $12 admission includes an educational wagon ride to see the animals, a petting zoo, large bounce pillow, play area, inflatables, corn crib, and activity room. Feed may be purchased for the
animals for an additional $5.
Our guests stay for on average around 2 hours. The wagon ride itself is 45
1. For our animal’s safety, Choctafaula is smoke-free. We do not allow smoking on the premises. This includes use of e-cigarettes, vapes, etc.
2. Never enter any animal enclosure or fence.
3. Pets of any kind are prohibited at Choctafaula for our animal’s safety. Please
do not leave your pet(s) in your car while you visit, leave them at home.
4. Please note that service animals are not permitted on the Wagon Ride or the
Petting Zoo area. Choctafaula makes every effort to accommodate service dogs
within the guidelines set forth through the ADA. All service animals must be leashed at all times. This is for the safety of your animal(s) and ours.
5. We ask that you respect our animals and treat them with the kindness they
deserve. This is their home. Please do not yell, throw objects, or threaten our animals. Please do not throw trash anywhere but a trash container. Foreign
objects like coins, straws, gum, and plastic can injure the animals.
6. Do not bring outside food to feed the animals. Any food that is not part of
their specific diet can be harmful to the animal.
7. Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
8. Shirts and shoes are required at all times. We recommend close toed shoes.
9. Weapons of any kind are not permitted on the property.
10. We do not allow solicitation.
11. We reserve the right to escort any group or individual from Choctafaula’s
grounds if they are acting in a way that is deemed harmful to our animals or staff.
12. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without expressed permission from Choctafaula. Requests should be sent to email@example.com
Choctafaula’s safari tours are conducted outside and are subject to weather. We
try to announce any weather closures by 8am CST the day of on our website or
Facebook. If it rains unexpectedly and you are unable to complete your tour of
Choctafaula, visit our ticket office. We will issue you a rain voucher. Rain
vouchers are good for up to 30 days. We do not issue refunds due to weather.
We do offer field trips throughout the year. To inquire about field trips, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes! Please email us at email@example.com for more information on rates
No. Guests enjoy our guided wagon ride. Sit back, relax, and enjoy learning
about these amazing animals.
Yes. Anyone that enters Choctafaula is required to pay admission regardless if
they feed the animals or not.